Leaving Care and16 / 17 Year Olds

If you are  16 / 17 in care about to leave or recently left care of a local authority and have not secured accommodation, you can contact us for advice and housing options.

The leaving care team have a legal duty to help you prepare for independent living, their contact details are

Staffordshire Looked after Children Services Team
The Civic Offices
Merrial Street
Newcastle under Lyme

Phone: 01782 296290

E-mail: leaving.care@staffordshire.gov.uk

Emergency duty number: 01785 354030


If you wish to apply for accommodation on the Newcastle under Lyme area, you will need to register on this website.  Please click on the "Register" button at the top of the page.

Care leavers with a local connection to Newcastle under lyme can register for housing however the Housing Associations we work with will not accept customers for a tenancy until applicants are 18. 

Young persons aged 16 / 17 will be referred to the Staffordshire looked after children services team

For information on how the council can offer advice, you can visit the Shelter website


Useful contacts

Accommodation and support providers for care leavers in Stoke, Staffordshire & Cheshire

Tel: 01782 720094

E-mail: stoke@anewyps.co.uk

Website: www.anewyps.co.uk