How to upload your documents

Click on “sign in” in the top right hand corner

Sign In button

Log into your account using your username and password

Login screenshot

Click on “add supporting docs to my application”

Add supporting documents to my application button

You will now be able to add documents to your application. Click on” Add Documents”

Drop files here screenshot

Select the document you want to upload. This will need to be a Pdf, jpg, png, or gif file. You will then need to select the household member the document is relevant to and the document type from the drop down lists:

Household member and document type screenshot

Then click “Upload”

You will then see “File has been uploaded” appear at the top of the screen. You now need to press the “Submit Documents” button for the document to be attached to your application. Please select “Email Receipt” first if you would like a receipt of the upload emailing to you.

Files uploaded successfully screenshot

Once you submit the documents you will be returned to your account screen


Documentation required to support your application

Proof of identity (for all household members)

  • Passport or
  • Birth certificate or
  • Driving licence
  • Full birth certificate for all children
  • If your name has changed since birth we will need to see the deed poll change of name.


Proof of eligibility (For all household members who are not British citizens ONLY)

  • Passport or
  • Proof of immigration status (i.e. indefinite leave to remain/recourse to public funds)
  • For European workers - proof of employment (contract, payslips)
  • Workers registration documents (A10 countries)


Proof of pregnancy (if applicable)

  • MATB1
  • Once the baby is born please submit a copy of their birth certificate with a copy of the Child Benefit award letter/Universal Credit amended award


Proof of responsibility for children who will be housed with you

  • Child Benefit and
  • Residence order or other supporting documentation to confirm long term guardianship or approved foster care (if the parent or guardian is not on full birth certificate)


Proof of current address (for all adult household members)

  • Utility bills (gas, electric, water)
  • Tenancy or licence agreement
  • Council Tax bill
  • Benefit letter (from DWP confirming proof of benefit)
  • If living with friends/ family or a hostel - a letter from them confirming your living arrangements
  • Copy of last mortgage statement or a valuation of property
  • If living in a caravan a copy of your site agreement or letter from owner confirming living arrangements


Proof of employment (for all applicable household members)

  • Contract of employment or employer’s letter on headed paper, stating your employment location, start date and or
  • Payslips
  • Proof of offer of employment (paid or unpaid)
  • Proof of Profits for last 3 months
  • HMRC letter confirming registration for tax and national insurance
  • Copy of application to HMRC to pay tax and national insurance as self-employed
  • Copy of accounts
  • Other documents proving you are running a business e.g. receipts, invoices, promotional materials.


Proof of income (for all applicable household members)

  • Bank statements for all accounts held for the past three months and payslips for all adults in the household for the last 5 weeks if paid weekly or last 3 months if paid monthly
  • Proof of benefit entitlement letter such as Universal credit, Child benefit etc. showing breakdown of elements
  • Pension award letter / annual statements



  • Recent bank or building society statement, share certificates or other evidence of investments


Proof of ownership, past and present, of a property (If applicable)

  • Mortgage statement
  • 2 valuations
  • Sale completion certificate


Proof of medical conditions (If applicable)

  • PIP / DLA award letter
  • Letter from GP/consultant or any other professional who you/household member are working with
  • OT reports


Armed Forces leavers

  • Cessation of service documents, notice to vacate (if received)


Prison Leavers

  • Discharge papers, any probation letters


Domestic Abuse Applications

  • Any supporting documents (eg. injunctions, crime reference numbers, letters or emails from agencies helping you)


Harassment Applications

  • Any supporting documents (eg. crime reference numbers, letters or emails from any agency involved)


Proof of Homelessness

  • Notice, possession summons or eviction warrant if being asked to leave current home
  • Copy of employment contract if accommodation provided with job
  • Copy of divorce papers including property settlement and custody matters if leaving due to divorce or letter from solicitor outlining status of marriage


Been asked to leave accommodation (Partner, Friends or Family)

  • A letter from the householder


Local Connection to Newcastle-Under-Lyme and specific areas within the borough

  • Proof of residency in the area for 6 out of the previous 12 months or 3 out of the previous 5 years or proof of permanent employment in the area or proof of close relatives living in the area for at least 5 years